The Drake University NextGen Lecture Capture Committee has identified the following features for any system deployed on campus:
- Ability to create and deliver files specifically formatted for iTunes U.
- Ability for both scheduled and adhoc recording times
- Ability to record single video, audio and/or screen separately
- Ability to record multiple input formats (video, audio, screen) simultaneously
- Ability to record from attached audio sources
- Ability to Hold Files in secure location to perform additional processing (editing, close captioning, etc.)
- Ability to authenticate into system via multiple authentication methods (LMS,AD, etc.)
- Integration with campus systems (BLACKBOARD, WordPress, iTunes U)
- Cross platform compatibility and access (Mac/PC and viewing on mobile device)
- Compatibility with existing hardware solutions
- Delegation of Administrator rights to multiple users
- Integrations with room control systems
- Live broadcast streaming of media as it is being recorded
- Ability to monitor signal being input into system for loss of video or audio
Videos of both NextGen Lecture Capture finalists are now available for viewing at Drake University on iTunes U. Both videos were created during the finalists presentations at Sussman Theater during the week of November 12th.
We again invite the Drake Campus Community to view these videos and complete a short survey. This feedback will be used to assist in the final recommendation.
The finalist vendors who presented include:
A features matrix of both vendors is also available for review.